Friday, January 31, 2003

A big thankyou to all the stupid f*ckwits at Verizon for giving the worlds most pathetic excuse for not supplying my DSL. Thanks to them I now have to wait until the 6th of February until I get back at full speed. In the beginning it was ok, as they kept saying, "Oh, sorry for the mix up, here have another reduced/free months rental etc". These days, even that is wearing just a LITTLE thin. I don't want anymore free anything, because they promise something is so, and then turns out it isn't like that at all. I just want it to work correctly in the first place. And I have given up asking them THREE times during every conversation, "So what you're saying is x,y and z...?" Because all you get is, "Yes of course it is sir". Then without warning, you are reminded of something through the post, and when you call and say, "Your operator (giving specific name) said this would be fine and it was all taken care of", they say, "Oh well it isn't, so we will have to do it all over again."

Editing a rant from this page, I should just like to add, that we were told, "We have to do physical work to get your DSL back online."

BIG PUZZLED LOOKS ALL AROUND. "But we HAD DSL this morning, and you have only just cut it off now!"

"It's not the number, it's the phone line, and that DSL was connected to a discontinued number"

"Thats your fault, connect it now!"

"We can't as someone has to go there and do something with a wire."

Cutting loads of pointless, "Well we HAD IT THIS MORNING" from this....it went further...

"What are we going to do? I need the net for work."

"Dial up"

Supressing loads of moaning about dial up, we then get passed back and forth between apparently same company departments, which amazingly cannot deal with a connected problem as they don't deal with that area....... this is wasting time SERIOUSLY now.....

After finally getting a dial up number, we find it doesn't connect. Calling the SAME department back, they say, "Oh we don't have a local access number for your city" I don't want to give away my location, but let me just say it's a major metropolitan city, which everyone on the planet has seen in the movies....

Much goading into getting them to look at the number list again and again resulted in even managing to extract more than one number, which a minute ago didn't actually exist. Extracting as in the proverbial teeth pulling version of someone who has brushed, flossed AND rinsed between every BREATH!

And that brings me to this page today, under the steam driven version of onlinedness, trying not to think of all the things I am NOT going to be doing without my DSL, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Boo hoo!

No comments: