Wednesday, January 08, 2003

Firstly let me just say that I cannot get on with work right now as it involves a photo shoot and it's way too dark right now.....good, I don't feel quite as guilty as I did previously...



Onward to today's topic which is once again shopping. I popped out for a small battery (you know, the type you put in a watch) and thought it would be a great excuse to go to Radioshack. I used to quite like going to Dixons in the UK, as they sell all the stuff you like, but nobody really knows anything about what they have available. Expect for an encyclopedic knowledge of every insurance scheme since the dawn of time! RadioShack even sells all the little bits of things you need, right there in the store. Bit of wire for a speaker, bulb for the fridge, battery cover for a gameboy. So this beats Dixons, as they only stuck to the completed mass produced, sell them for six months-reduce them after four, and then never sell them ever again because they were a terrible idea anyway, type of things. But alas, it seems RadioShack is EXACTLY the same as Dixons. Only one difference. Now there are a near infinite amount of little things that the sales person can have absolutely no knowledge of at all.



After waiting for a very long time to be served by the slightly more animated sales person of the two, I was told that I should see the other one, as they knew more about it. The reason I did not choose the 'other' person was that every time I go in there they seem to have some sort of zen like thing going on with the cash register. I go in there, and they are deep in thought looking straight at it. Even the person that was being 'served' by them seemed annoyed at the hypersleep sales technique. I witnesses three (yes THREE) phone calls come in during my fifteen minute wait, and they were ALL put on hold. Then later one of them would pick up the phone and ask why the person was waiting, say yes, and then put them back on hold.



Somebody please tell me I am missing something?

No comments: