Sunday, January 26, 2003

Teaching went MUCH better the second time out. Everyone had a good time, and seemed to get lots out of the experience. I suppose I can throw in the fact that my job sort of insists on calling it 'Facilitating' rather than teaching, but as they (hopefully) don't read this, I can go back to calling it teaching for now.

Today is the bleedin' Super Bowl. I am so used to being able to escape such events, because in the UK it seems even big events sort of keep in their place. Olympics, Grand National, and even the odd Royal occasion in London just happen before those that choose to watch. Here things are a little different. Every single known product suddenly sprouts an almost DNA'esque connection to the Super Bowl!

You see rugby ball shaped things on every advert everywhere! It is apparently all in readyness for the big day. Everyone is urged to go out and get this must-have thing, in time for the big game on Sunday.

Even one of my geekiest retreats has been invaded by it. I suspect (thankfully) that it is a thin vale of pandering to the TV company bosses who think that their audience is actually interested in this event. But thankfully, those on the front line that are making the shows just call it Football related, and don't actually change anything. Rather like the adverts I mentioned earlier.

No comments: