Monday, February 24, 2003

Life is so unfair. I got addicted to blasted solitaire on the PC, due to watching people in my class play it. Now I am over that (I got a good dose of Unreal 2003 to help) I find myself feverishly trying to see what happens when I complete it on the Pocket PC version. But I can't do it!!!

Good job that if you sit on a commuter train, never looking anywhere but down, people assume you are the resident train weirdy. So nobody can get close enough to uncover my shameful secret addiction. I mean, playing it on a new super computer is one thing, but WANTING to play it on a PDA, is something much, MUCH worse.

It's like those little games you apparently get with trendy cell phones. Come on chaps, you know the score. Teeny phone, the size of a TicTac, and an even teenier game on screen with about one button to control it. You find out pretty quickly that standing in line at the bank IS preferable, to becoming "Pixel, the mighty Ninja Worrior" hell bent on destruction of the on-screen enemy microbes of doom. Press button, listen to bleep, press button again, listen to bleep, ad infinitum. You play for five minutes, or until your eyes commit suicide, by bungee jumping from their sockets, into small glasses of salt!

Oh, forget that I just said I couldn't complete it either.

No comments: