Thursday, February 27, 2003

Ok chaps here's the deal, I REALLY should be working....well not really, as I am just early and sat waiting for people to turn up. You can read at the bottom of this post when I typed this, and I don't have to start until around 17:30 anyway.

Back to the plot.

I was looking for something and I came across these rather amazing images of a computer that apparently was eaten by Windows 98.

Following on from recent posts (this CANNOT be a coincidence), that also mentioned here is....

"The top ten reasons Eternal Damnation is better than Windows Software Development"

Oh, and I have only just begun. Anyway, I found that after getting up extra early this morning, and doing all those things I was supposed to do in a sort of fifties, white picket fence, mow the grass and play golf on Sundays, after washing the car, type of mode, I find that There.Com is merely open from 5-11pm PST which makes it unavailable until I get back anyway!

But anyway, that place is amazing. I liked the recent addition of proper physics to Unreal Tournament 2003, which makes for better body flinging antics. But There has it too, allowing you to drive cars, float on hover boards, even fly jet-packs around. And the graphics are just amazing also. The gallery at that link just doesn't do it justice. It was like looking at one of those new Disney cartoons the whole time. Mind you I have a good PC to run it on, and they reccomend nothing less than 800Mhz, so consider yourself warned on that front. They really got things working well, although once those not as shallow as me find the novelty of driving etc wearing thin, I don't know (yet) what is to keep them there. But the place is huge, as is the download (64MB) for the plug in. I am hooked from the start. I even blew all my cash within minutes buying a purple buggy to get around in. The cooler looking hover boards (like surf boards in the sky) are nice, but you can carrry a passenger in the car and have a full on girly chat while there.

For some odd reason I hooked into the physics of the whole thing, as I played Carmageddon 1, to and 3 to death, admiring the way things moved. So There is a whole universe of more than simply driving to admire.

I think I shall be boring you with lots more about There.com over the coming weeks, that's if I can get out of the place first...

No comments: