Thursday, March 06, 2003

Oh, been a little busy of late, and haven't had blogging space. But nothing much has transpired since last time. Except for maybe discovering Texas, in the middle of the Pennsylvania. As soon as I left the confines of my metropolis, I was confronted with a never ending expanse of country music, interspersed with bible bashing, in the extreme!

It was a mere scan of the different localised radio stations that revealed to me a worrying trend. While in the city I couldn't escape the endless rap music and references to American Idol. However, once the retro 70's energy barrier was crossed, thing went extremely Joe Dirt on me!

Like I said, there was nothing but country music on the radio and I was amazed to find the theme tune to Fraggle Rock playing on a station. At first I thought perhaps this was a commercial, or a theme tune to a radio show, but my jaw slid off the floor and out of the door when I heard...."Yes folks this is radio wabc playing your most requested songs!"

This HAD to be a joke, but it turns out it was completely up front! Oh no, and that meant my bus was speeding through "In'jun' country" (spitoon noise).

No comments: