Wednesday, March 26, 2003

Ok today on the way out there I managed to see the following famous people
Harry Potter, Steven Spielberg,Peter Sellers,Bruce Campbell driving UPS van, and Charlie Dimmock rather distressed at a railway station.

The radio station competitions are getting too much for me to handle. Last week it was a free soda at a Wawa, oh and not forgetting a cookie also, for phoning in and answering a question about the show.
This week they had decided to up the stakes to 5 tickets to the circus AND 5 COUPONS FOR POTATO BREAD!! Wow, I think my mobile will get some use out of it as soon as I get close enough to hear the show next time.

I have to leave this note in case I die without warning or good cause.
I managed to find a very weird coffee shop, reccomended to me by one of the locals in this small PA town. If you are familiar with my recent dive into There.com, you may have some idea of the sort of place I find myself writing this very blog.

For starters there is a young lady serving coffee (of which of course there's about a million varieties, with a dash of that and a splash of this etc er...coffees that is, not serving surfer dudettes) and she is "So totally not taking those classes next sumester" or she "Will like completely freak as she isn't graduating until she's like 30". The coffee shop itself is festooned with all the things the producers of Friends, wouldn't have on their set of the coffee shop. Most of the space being taken up by two large sofas, and an arm chair in the front window. There is even what looks to be someone to do with the staff (a real world version of a There resident avec goatee) sitting in a corner pretending to play chess with himself. The rest of the generously open floor acherage, has a few little round wooden tables with a couple of chairs at each. Lurking not too suspiciously in "like so totally the BEST area's" are the obligitory sacks of coffee, naturally printed with enourmous amounts of coffee related info. So much information in fact, that I think that instead of shipping these particular sacks of coffee by sea then truck, you can actually drive the sack itself, as every possible bit of info about the contents, is artily stenciled at a "jaunty" angle, on the outside. Or is that fusilage?
Anyway, more and more people come in and out, a constant stream of There.com residents. All dressed like different ranks of the same army.
Walls are bare brick painted orange, one of which is supporting me while I tappity click tappety this entry. That sounds a lot quicker than it is, as anyone with a PDA and no external keyboard will know.
So right now, in my perfectly lit, orange painted brick, teeny wooden coffee tabled area, I could try to be a deep, meaningfully quiet type. Writing some painfully intelligent thing about one of those oh so worthy, subjects, that is so lofty it doesn't (and never did have any affect on mankind in any way "like evurrr")



..Or I think it is more likely I give off the "creepy person" vibe, sat on his own and "like when is he going to like totally leave/listen to one of my stories?"

Coffee is jolly nice all the same.

Emergency! Dudette de surf appears to have run out of Britney Spears imperial army recruits, and has turned on the only two people in the cafe. As luck would have it, a guy doing paperwork is in her direct line of fire, so I don't have to participate, just be in the way of the sound waves. I think that's all that's required in this particular instance anyway.
Emergency number two (and you KNOW how bad a number two is?!) Paperwork man has left and so shields are gone! As luck would have it, I have been 'promoted(?)' to 'trustworthy weirdo' and the young lady of the frothy bits of the ocean (as well as coffee) decides she can leave me in here for a while and venture out into the not-as-sunny-as-it-appears afternoon.
After all that, I think I will darken this particular door step again, as they seem to not mind me spending ages in here, with just two coffees money to show for it.

No comments: