Sunday, July 27, 2003

Cheating Fruit Machines

This shouldn't have been news to those who seemed to have gone to such great lengths to write about it. While looking for emulators of all kinds, I found this, and if you do decide to download any of them you may be impressed with how detailed the emulations are!

I don't really know, except that the boing, boing, boing, and doooiiiing, noises they always seem to make for incomprehensible reasons, is just as annoying as when I was a child. Forced to sit drinking some insipid supposed lemonade, while breathing in the smoke from about three thousand clone miners' (those are the coal getting sort, not the young ones) smoking habits of around 11 thousand a day, endlessly laughing maniacally at something that always eluded me...hmm.... in their 'club'. Just the thought of it brings back memories of loud individuals talking about nothing inparticular, and having to remain rooted to the spot for what seemed hours at a time. Chiming away in the background with a kind of sad cheefulness was that blasted fruit machine!

Where was I..er.. oh yes, the noises of the fruit machine emulators, as well as the subliminal blinking and flashing, was something I could never fathom. I regarded them as a place to put your money, and leave it there. So I was not really what one could call 'up' on all things fruity and spinney.

Mind you, the miners seemed to get a lot out of it... is that what it means to have an addictive or compulsive streak?

What did we do before computers entered the home, I will never know! Perhaps some of the above?? (Shudders while changing mind about biulding that time machine)

Anyway, seems that someone agrees with me on Video Game pricing AT LAST!

No comments: