Wednesday, August 06, 2003

Home Star Runner.... It's a dot com!

A lot of you out there will know what this is all about....but would you explode if you knew that it was some BEHIND the scenes info....?

And thanks again to Verizon for screwing up my internet connection again for a whole week of "DSL Prices, and Dial-Up performance"..

Cheers, you're the best! So I am officially blaming you for these VERY short postings.

One slight contribution to all the shorter postings is a very handy little thingy, from Google. It's an additional browser bar (YES just like those annoying ones, but the opposite of annoying), that does a few things for you during your journey round the net. The handiest being blocking pop-ups (hold CTRL when clicking if you find you NEED that pop-up), and the second fave one is an instant blogging button. Find a page, press the symbol, a window pops up (yes I know it blocks pop-ups too, but it's smart see), all filled in and ready for you to publish, after adding choice comments of your er... choice...

Oh now look, I've gone and made this post all lengthy again, darn it all to botherville (along with Verizon)

Tested the speed using a few of those online speed test thingies... got around 80kbps! So did a big no-no and connected a machine (briefly) to the net by completely ignoring the router all together (thinking this could be a good chance to replace the apparently dying router, maniacally laughing in this manner). I was hoping to replace it with one of these wireless ones you see, now I cannot really spend the cash on something that ain't broke. Yes I KNOW that is 90% of how people shop, but not me chum, ok?

No, it seems the router is working as it should and it's the outside world that's wrong, not me..... I am glad I am unhappy about the result (think about that one for a moment perhaps). And while you do, I shall leave it there..

No comments: