Friday, October 31, 2003

Halo Demo

Well, played the demo of Halo, on the PC as we have no XBoxes here, and quite nice it was too. Sort of mindless shooty with a thin veneer of story. I think it is something deep down that in my head a game is just that, a game. Not some sort of click here, mess with this number, select that, view outcome. No, it's gotta be more hands on. Something with physics is nice, like There.com, has an element of nowness about it. Not some disembodied thing where you see it from the heavens and just monitor the outcome!

I think that I REALLY need to check out the full thing as soon as I can stop keep just picking up the box in BestBuy, and actually take it to the checkout. Not keep going to myself "Weeeeeeell it's a lot of cash, and I don't really need it", in that whiney inner voice that likes to come with me on shopping trips.



Halo, stuff blows up

No comments: