Monday, December 08, 2003

Axim backup battery replacement

Wow, I didn't realise it had been so long since I had gotten my Dell Axim. I needed to replace the backup battery over the last couple of days, and so I toddled off to BestBuy and got myself a Duracell 2032, replacement battery.

The cover was a bit fiddly, but you just press down on a little black tab and it slides off, pop out the old one, pop in the new one and you are good to go. All for two dollars something.

Anyway it appears that I got the Axim in April of last year and did not have to replace the backup battery until now in December 2003! That makes it 20 months! Mind you I was never one to let it get run down, and if I did it was on long commutes. It was always back in it's cradle for sleepytime.


I still love it, but mine has a case, so it still looks as shiney and new as this one.

No comments: