Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Averatec C3500 Tablet PC


Finally got hold of one of an Averatec C3500 Tablet PC. All is well so far. Just the standard updates and favourite programs installed. Tomorrow I can start messing with the handwriting recognition! Now gotta get some sleep so I can be fully aware of who I can show it off to tomorrow, with lines like, "MM? What? Oh this old thing? NAAAH I just needed a laptop is all, it's nothing, no really!"

So far it has been wonderful, in the short time I have been able to mess with it. The only strange occurance was an Admin login that kept popping up at start up informing me I had the wrong password. Sometimes this would cause the normal login to not appear and the thing would just sit there. I fixed it for now, by just switching off the friendly WinXP welcome screen.

It comes with a full version of Microsoft One Note which strangely enough I could not update because I needed a file which I do not appear to have buried deep within the preinstalled version. No matter, it is all there, and time to see if it will understand my weird and wibbly scrawlings.

Click here for the funkified version of Microsoft One Note.

Perhaps I should keep an eye on these forums for the time being. So far so good though.



I wonder if it will still respect me in the morning?

1 comment:

Lora said...

Have fun with it!

When you're ready you can find more Tablet PC friendly apps at:

http://www.tabletpcpost.com and http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/tabletpc/partners/software.mspx

See you on TabletQuestions! :)