Thursday, October 27, 2005

Finally, cue the angelic chorus and bright lights from heaven...


I grew up thinking that having your own arcade machine IN YOUR HOUSE, would be the best thing ever. But of course, that's just silly, it's impossible right? Not any more...
Looks like Target are going to be selling a $500 arcade cabinet with 12 games on board. Looking up some of the competition, this seems to be the better deal out there. Although the comments on the Target product page make for scary reading.

For some really weird reason, life has always been very good to me, and given me what ever I have wanted. I still remember my first taste of Defender, tucked away in the corner of a dusty seaside arcade, in England. I was useless, but what a rush... since then it's been lurve. I hope to get to see one of these things running, so I get the authentic "never-cleaned"(®Krysss.com) technology product. I may be able to purchase additional cigarette burns, as well as a goldfish bowl screen. Such quality you can see every scan line, and your own internal organs as it x-rays you.

The games are...
Joust, Defender I and II, Robotron, Rampage, Splat, Satan's Hollow, Root Beer Tapper, Bubbles, Wizard of War, Timber and Sinistar.

So if not this, then maybe this for the PSP. I know what you're thinking, MAME, right? But yeah it's groovy and all, however for a quick pick up and play MAME doesn't really do it. It will give you an exact 80's arcade experience with minimal setup. Though it's not really convenient when waiting in line, for what ever it is that person has been talking to the cashier about for the last 20 minutes.



Get me a box of tissues, and CLOSE THE DOOR BEHIND YOU DAMMIT!

No comments: