Sunday, December 18, 2005

TV Shows at I-Tunes, carrying a little TOO much info?


Take a look at the ITunes music store and find the new TV Shows for sale there. Be sure to check the length of them, as a few are $2 for 5 minutes which seems a little bit low on the whole "Oo let's watch that again shall we?" scale. I only use ITunes as a way of collecting podcasts and am one of those that watches more online shows, than normal TV. I spend zero dollars at ITunes at the moment, and as yet nothing has made me want to increase that amount. Anyway, click the information icon beside some of the episodes and it gives in some cases, a complete account of the show. What's with that?

I know you don't have to read them, but still not sure WHY they put all that information there in the first place? If you were not sure about downloading a series, maybe just reading the entire plot will be enough and you can save $2 an episode.

Some of the prices seem comparable to DVD sales, and I can watch the DVD anywhere yada yada yada, DRM, blah blah blah.... However, this is the first step towards freeing content from your television. If the different online services keep up the pioneering work, we (hopefully) soon forget how it was to be tethered to the living room.

TV is changing, and maybe, with some online competition, it may one day have something to offer me again. But for now I don't appear to care.

No comments: