Monday, April 10, 2006

Bootcamp, you know, it might be worth it?


Bootcamp from Apple, allows you to run Windows XP on your Mac laptop. So now the question of cost is a little more appealing.

Previously a $2500 laptop is just too much to swallow, just to get my feet wet in the whole Apple cult thing. But now it seems to make a little bit more sense.

So ok, a brand new XP Install disk is going to set me back $200. But thats the point. I get both systems, on one laptop. So I can get me some new hardware, and new OS for a more reasonable price.

Although I suppose thats like saying if I dual boot my XP machine with Linux, I have a Linux computer for $500 or so.... hmmmm.

If the chaps at Apple would just lower the initial price anyway, I would have gotten one a LONG while ago. Well Apple, keep going, it may make sense for me at some point in the future.

And it seems you can get some good protection too!

Lots of thinky here... I will get back to you on this

No comments: