Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Quickie - Computer Wipes Battle


Occasionally on one of my many trips through the hallowed halls of Best Buy, I pick up a container of Falcon monitor wipes. They deal with the unmentionable mystery grunge that builds up on, and inside the computers that I deal with. Even the migratory blorg that ends up on the table after venturing inside to check dark and dusty innards, can be contained. They do much more than just monitors it seems.

Falcon wipes are actually wet, and useful. But on this occasion they were out, and Office Depot nearby had a similar product. It's only wipes, what could be the problem there? The Office Depot brand are very dry and not very useful. You cannot really clean anything with them, just brush things around. I suppose if you were super paranoid about damaging a surface these would do, but the material is not even very soft, so you could end up scratching what ever it was anyway.

Both sets are usually around $7 a pack. I never buy them when they come with the compressed air container, as I don't want to blow pieces off the motherboard by accident. I prefer the close the eyes, blow hard, and try to convince yourself you have not inhaled all manner of someone-else's-prehistoric-household-airborne-crapola induced lung death method.


Brought to you in association with "This didn't seem like it would take very long when I first thought of posting such a small thing" department of Work Avoidance.

No comments: