Thursday, October 31, 2002

In fact, I wanted a less than trendy phone. The reason being that I thought it would be a good idea to have something slightly larger than an atom, which I would have to use an electron microscope to find, every time I put it down somewhere. In fact, in my adventures while trying to find a semi usable mobi...er... cell phone, I chanced upon a little store populated with rather shifty looking sales persons. The whole place had an air of prison visiting hour, with the rather odd collection of seated couples, and no discernable difference between staff and customer. The amazing conversation went something along these lines....



"So couldn't I have the latest phone?"

"This IS the latest phone"

"Oh right"

"It was in that scene in the movie (somebody blocked transmission at this point, so I will never know the title), where she said, 'Come and sit on mommys lap', and this was the phone she was holding"

"GREAT!"

"But does it have flip?"

(You will have to excuse my apparent ignorance here, as I have not had that many classes in speaking Cell)

"Yes, it does"

"What colors does it come in again?"

At which point, one of the cast of Alcatraz decides we might have some money and be worth investigating....



Needless to say, they could not give us the requires merchendise, so we jumped into the laundry baskets and waited until the next pickup...

No comments: