Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Extreme Blogging

Hello my name is Krysss, and I am addicted to blogs... (feeble sympathetic applause from the equally feeble fashioned group, sitting on even more feeble plastic chairs)..


A rare shot of plastic chairs mating in the wild


Hang on a moment, do they make those seats in some special factory somewhere? Does some chap phone up this mystery factory and say...

"Er excuse me, I will be opening an establishment where people will feel real uncomfortable/uneasy/afraid and need some chairs to go with the doom laiden atmosphere. I was wondering if you could help me?"

"Yes sir of course, is it a dentists, government facility open to the public in some way, a doctors office, MacDonalds, or something along those lines?"

"Ok what colours do you have?"

"Well sir we have all the standard colours, which of course look like a sort of dank greeny grey colour in any light, and are especially able to show up the defects under intense flourescent lighting?"

"That's great! When can I pick them up?"

"You want them pre-stressed sir?"

"What?"

"Well do you want them with chunks out of the rim on the back, and/or with sharp flab-grabbing triangles cut into the seat parts? You know there is a sale on hardened pink chewing gum stuck on the bottoms this week?"

"Is it cheaper if I buy more of them?"

"BUY? BUY? What are you talking about, these things are rental only. They are a quality product. Sir, you must have seen how some of our fine work lasts in some places for YEARS. There is no way we can let you BUY any of these chairs. Sorry, as you probably know they are in VERY short supply..."

I think you get the point I was trying to make here... The chairs are always in places of immense stress, or another establishment of social leprosy, and they NEVER change them or bother to get them fixed. I can imagine generation after generation of employment collecting types, all sitting on the VERY SAME SEATING. You know people often remark (or actually the movies often portray) that after a nuclear war, only cockroaches would remain?... WRONG, it's going to be some chairs from an immigration office somewhere, all sitting patiently in the sun and dust, until apes want them to open up their own governmental offices, as they now rule the planet.

Anyway, where was I?

Oh yes, being addicted to Blogs. I read a lot of them lately, and seem to get sucked into the other people's lives thing, and am beginning to find a few great ones to read (hopefully) on a regular basis. I like the examination of living, and hopefully the honesty that a lot of people think, gets in the way of life. Tell it like it is, and be prepared to turn that x-ray on yourself, or let others do similar. It can be fun at times.

Phew, and NO I have not been drinking :)

No comments: