Tuesday, October 28, 2003

Another Movie line while the concept is novel

Here is one from Dancing at the Blue Iguana. A movie which the lovely Tivo decided to record, but we never made it to the end. You know what it's like watching a movie where a lot of people make a lot of bad choices, and then it's sort of painful to watch them make even MORE bad choices trying to get out of the initial round of wrong-chiocemanship. Not my idea of entertainment. Either make it complete fantasy, or if not try and make it happy. If it must be 'reality' then make it REAL and definately not what some ego's idea of what a perfect life might be.

No I do not think people on the street are 'smart' or have some cosmic inside knowledge which they dispense to people like a load of drug dealing Yodas. If they are so wise, why are they living in such a world of crap, looking over their shoulder for Mr. Big's collecting crew, who this week are doing a special on knee-caps.

I'm sure a 'smart' person would prefer getting a job and earning some cash to have some nice things? Is it just me?

I mention choices here, and I know that sometimes people have NO CHOICE, but given that anyone can choose to do what they want to a certain degree. Why on earth choose to be someone spending most of your day worrying about getting your head blown off?? Is is still just me??

So in essence my idea of entertainment, is NOT to watch some idiot prattling on about how tough it is, how tough they are, how much the boss of everyone else they may be, yadda yadda yadda, yawn....... I am supposed to be riveted by a complete lack of thought, and utter stupid selfishness? Please someone shoot them, now and save us all a rather pathetically painful two hours of watching a load of idiots run from one self made problem, sraight into the next. All in the guise of romantic notions of what it is to live on the 'other side' of the law??

When I said I like reality in my movies if they are not total fantasy (and I mean complete fiction settings and stories), I meant that an honest look at people and what motivates them, which most of the time comes down to similar things. On balance most people WANT to be happy and have few worries, or is that just me too??

So getting back to the point of all this and the movie line from Dancing at the Blue Iguana


"You're not the only one with reproductive organs you know, I'm going to have this baby and my baby is going to sell your baby drugs on the playground!"

No comments: