Thursday, November 27, 2003

X-Men2

Just saw it from my soon-to-be-departed chums at Netflix (the Tivo is taking care of all my multimedia needs from now on, and we are very happy together) and it was not too bad, but not too great either. It was on the wrong side of alright-ish.

The only saving grace was the character Storm (for purely, or should that be IMpurely, selfish reasons that I could watch Ms Berry in anything for ever). All I know about these characters, is what I've seen in these two movies. This one lacked that certain something. Everyone was likeable and there seemed plenty happening (sometimes), but the pace was a little slow and lumbering. So you could never really get into it.

What DID surprise me was Allan Cummings as NightCrawler. I thought he was great in The High Life (a BBC comedy show) and I can never see him as ANYTHING else. It was quite a shock. Anyone in the UK who remembers the show (probably none knowing my luck) would know what I mean. He played a rather camp airline steward (what DO you call them these days, I am not up on my PCness) and each week was stupid but a great laugh. I am hoping that BBC America will show it, as they seem to show just about all of the BBC up to now. Here's hoping.



Storm, what a pleasant young lady!

No comments: