Tuesday, December 23, 2003

Need for Speed Underground. Neeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooww!!


Just been hypnotised by the latest zoom fest from EA Games. Need for Speed Underground. The demo is as far as I have gotten to owning it, and I think this will be the start of a long and happy relationship.(Oh God, can't wait to see the children, BLETCH!)

It's my version of a game. Lots of physics, immense speed, and very intense. None of this, "Oo lets click on this and see what the computer decides the outcome should be" or "Oh wow, I need to eat now, go to bed and take a leak".

The demo has you speeding through what looks to be a china town area in some city somewhere. When you do spill the car or leave the ground because of the physics I mentioned earlier, you get a remote view. This is done perfectly, as it lets you see everything from a more TV angle, but does not last long enough to break the flow of a deliciously frantic game. The streets look wet, and reflect all the neon of the city, as it zooms by. There are a few non-racing cars here, as well as roadside objects which are all subject to your mercy. I even discovered that I could play ONLINE with this demo, although after one race it seemed difficult to get anyone to accept a challenge (as the game words it). Wow, the internet IS fast, it seems my legendary sucking at this game, although less than ten minutes old, got round nearly as quick as the cars in this demo. You and four computer apponents, who WILL speed off given an inch (or maybe less!)



Krysss.Com Blog Score
92%

The problem is should I buy it for the Gamecube, PS2 or PC?

No comments: