Sunday, June 20, 2004

First ever Drive-In movie experience...


All these things I have yet to do in America. Aside from wishing to visit Las Vegas (no not for gambling, just to see if it really is as tacky as they say) I got to do (is 'do' the correct term?) a Drive-In movie.

They had those little speakers on stands, within each parking spot, but the sound was also transmitted over the radio, so it was like hitting the best seat in the theatre without actually having to do any work. In fact the whole thing was like that, you could drive in, sit there and drive out again. No fuss. Mind you, most people there were making it a full day out. Nice. They had food, and other assorted day-outyness happening around their vehicles.

This has been similar to all the other things I have done since being here. I go without knowing how it works, and surprisingly enough I really enjoy the whole thing. Still lots to do here in the USA, and no sign of it running out any time soon! That's a good thing right?

I want to do it again.


My view of the monster screen, although I was making sure that I did not mistake the REAL, giant killer lobster from Mars, for a special effect, and get eaten/trampled in the ensuing panic!

No comments: