Monday, June 21, 2004

Linksys Compact USB 2.0 10/100 Network Adapter



The Linksys Compact USB 2.0 10/100 Network Adapter or USB200M is a marvel, and saved me recently. The problem is this, you have a computer, that you have to retrieve information from, but the darned thing has no NIC, or CD burner. Now one answer is to install a NIC (Network Interface Card) and continue, but in this particular case it was a cruddy old laptop with no NIC, so there was no hope in heckville trying to drag the entire drive to safety. I would reccomend a thumbdrive for quick hits out in the field, but here I need to pull about 3GB worth of data to store away so the person that assured me they had everything and was ready to toss the offending smeggy laptop into the trash, can come back and begin shouting, before they realize that I do indeed have all the files they need.

This was a breeze. Just plug in the adaptor, slap the drivers in the CD drive, wait a moment, and you have network access! It works, and even comes with a little piece of cable so you can orient the adaptor itself, as it is fairly fragile feeling, but only because the thing is so teeny. This will be joining me with my thumbdrive, in my bag of doctors goodies, from now on.

See the little flap, that is where the network cable plugs in, it's that teeny!



USB200M
Linksys Compact USB 2.0 10/100 Network Adapter
ROLL UP, ROLL UP, Get ya network connectivity heyah!

No comments: