Monday, July 12, 2004

Getting rid of MSN Messenger


Recent reinstalls of WinXP and rampant backing up of all my data, on a regular basis (OooOOooo get you. What next, taking out extended warranties on desktop computer purchases? Someone get this person their slippers, pipe, and hot milk, oh too late, it's after six pm.) caused me to remember certain pains.....

Anyway, I kept getting the message to update the MSN messenger, which I refused to do. Then one day I just did it, figuring it would stop bugging me after that. Well I was wrong. I must have sleep-computed and entered my details because it all of a sudden would pop up with a message from someone asking some computery question. I can let you in on a secret, that sometimes I actually turn off my messenger so I can do this thing called er... what was it now...er.. oh it's that thing that pays the bills..er.. WORK! I use Trillian when I need to, as it has all the different messengers combined into one thing. So it doesn't matter which service your chum calls you on, it's all in the same window so after a while you tend to forget which one they are using.

So back to the plot...

Some people at Jonathankay.com had some very simple steps to removing the MSN messenger from WinXP.

Simply START then RUN and type in the following...
RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove
You can just copy the above line and paste it into the RUN command line.

Quick as a very quick thing with diahorrea, on it's way to the bathroom, you are hearby granted freedom to roam the net without the most annoying sidekick since Jar Jar Binks.


Pesky MSN Messenger, always urging you to send that instant message
Pesky MSN Messenger, always urging you to send that instant message

No comments: