Thursday, November 25, 2004

Pathmark, still 0 out of 10


A quick one here while I wait for the turkey to become less food poisony. I was in Pathmark, now I don't go there unless I have to, but the aforementioned turkey was being given away (for all the pain and suffering caused on previous visits no doubt) and it SHOULD have been a simple matter.

Go in
Get turkey
Get out!

Who was I kidding! It's like when you have a disagreement with a person and decide that's the last time you will ever do that again. Then time passes and you think, "Well ok it's probably not going to turn out too bad." Of course it IS that bad and you wish you had never wasted your time.

So got the turkey, and really only a couple of other things. Got the the checkout, still a long time, but not relatively for that place. The people in front nearly at the end, and then it begins....

The last but one item rang up one too many times, the lady (on only her 3rd day of employ with the company) could not figure how to void the sale. Usual procedure was not working. She called the supervisor, waited. Next line over was in the same position, THEY TOO called the supervisor. Then both cashiers asked the people in their lines to go and get the supervisor. Such an important chap, he must be busy? They return with a simple "Someone else said that he is coming". More time passes, and eventually a very sour faced chap, turns up and with not a word to anyone, presses a mystery combination which frees the checkout from it's glitch.

Now apart from not saying a word to anyone about the fact we had to wait almost 10 mins (the people in front with a small child too) he never told the young lady (who was incredibly apologetic) HOW to get out of this in the future. So every time this happens everyone has to wait for his extremely lazy backside to haul itself disinterestedly up to the checkout to let everyones day continue.

Message for the supervisor

NOBODY WANTS TO SEE YOUR MISERABLE FACE AND AMPLE FRAME AT THE CHECKOUT, TELL THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER HOW TO DO IT OK?



Supervisors look like this when they take off their enviroment suits and revert to their real appearance.

2 comments:

Radmila said...

How many times have I been there?
1,256,759,200.

I hate shopping at the best of times, even when there is no one in the store, they're not moving fast enough for me.
Never mind when some complication is thrown in the mix, like said void or worse, no barcode on the item, or not knowing what the item is...
Me: "it's cassava"...
Cashier: "what?"...
Me: "cassava"...
Cashier: "is that a vegetable"...
Me in my head: "can you just fucking look at your little product rolodex under 'C' and let me get the hell out of here?"...
UGH.

Krysss said...

I do a lot of shopping for tech stuff, and a lot of the time have to be very strict on simply saying, "I don't care what you reccomend, I need the X-40/33i" Or what ever it may be. I don't usually have to tell them I have taken a week to research it, and don't want to spend 30 mins being told that something else is better because of no real reason other than something they could not POSSIBLY know, about the company and how they build them!! This is America, just give me my stuff!