Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Reading Books in Second Life


I finally got to Plum in Second Life, so I could see for myself, the book reading machines. There were a few strange ones, but mostly they all centered around getting your avatar into a position where it kept out of the way, while the camera could see the text on the pages. There were a few multi-million prim machines there (prims being Second Life's basic building block and most valuable currency). However, the one I finally went for was the straight forward book shaped book, which you clicked on to turn the pages. Stop somewhere, drop the book, perform some camera-fu to see the pages clearly, and get reading.

The book in question is apparently free. You can download it here... my goodness, someone actually giving back to the world.. what ever next.... OWNING your own DVD's?!?!?

Oh and while I think of it, a message to people the builders in Second Life. Hey, remember some of us don't actually have 8 thousand prims sitting around doing nothing... textures, textures, textures, luvvies... they help you know...



Cory Doctorow's Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom.
Only 5 prims

No comments: