Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Email junk from family and friends?


Getting lots of emails from people you know, who JUST got a computer? They have only recently gained the ability to type without keep asking where every single letter on the keybaord is. Unfortunately if you are, I don't need to explain it as you're already receiving countless images, jokes, chain letters, and e-cards. If not then you're probably who I am talking about.

Show them this Microsoft Video, it should do all the hinting you could ever need.

Just like teenagers, they believe nobody has seen these things before, and EVERYONE will find it sooo toootally hilarious! So go ahead, send all this junk to people's work email addresses, and see how many responses you get. After all, what are people supposed to say? "Thanks for sending me that video which could quite possibly get me into trouble at work for language/graphical content"? Or maybe, "Thanks for sending me that email so that the e-card company can sell my address on for more spam"?

And eventually it all turns to tears.

"Hey, did you get my email the other day?"

Oh no, I have been deleting them all since I got the third chain letter with 67 people listed in the TO field. I NEVER read any of their emails. "Er.. no, did you send me one?"

"Yeah, it was of this kid falling off a bike, it was so funny!"

Hmmm I saw that one, it was an 8MB file which came into my inbox while on dial-up in a hotel, at a conference for work. I just deleted it from my webmail without looking at it, otherwise it would have taken all night to get it. I saw it four years ago anyway.

"Stop sending me all this tired crap ok? What do I look like, a five year old?"**

And it goes on



** Not actually the end of the conversation, but it is probably what really was wanted (and needed) to be said.

3 comments:

draele said...

Quote: "Stop sending me all this tired crap ok? What do I look like, a five year old?"** Unquote

Amen to that!!!

rinaz said...

O I hate junk mails. I simply had to email back to some people to stop sending me annoying attachments.

Usually that works. And when that persisted. I just abandoned that email and choose another one altogether, using that particular email as my junk mail email.

But I think I'm guilty of doing that when I first started my email. I didnt know if the email was sent properly or not, so I pressed send like 5 or more times.

My bad.

Krysss said...

In my classes we tend to get this one out of the way real early. I see people who have had email a little while, sending all this junk to others in the room, who have only had email for a couple of minutes. I simply tell them that if I receive any of it, it goes into a folder marked "Like I Care" where neither I, or anyone else will bother with it.

I will not find it funny, I will not pass it on, I will probably delete future emails from them so I don't have to wade through it all.

Sounds harsh, but people REALLY get it, and I do not receive any junk from people in the classes, just questions. Not exactly sugar coated, if you get my meaning :)